A crazy pieced and embellished rooster. Sadly, it has a few problems.
One, by the time I got all stitched around them and stuffed, the feet
are too small to support it; it wants to fall over if it's just leaned
against something. Two, it looks like a duck with a poofy hat on
instead of a rooster.
Oh, well, The recipient likes ducks, too. It's just that the kitchen
is rooster themed.
Got my aunt's present made and wrapped up in tissue, but need to go to
the post office for a Priority box and get it sent off. Thankfully she's
only across Washington from here! Didn't feel up to going in to do
errands, but managed to get off my ass and piece the three other CQ
gifts. Now to sew the pieces down, embellish them, sew backs and fronts
together, stuff them, mail them... Felt better earlier but now I'm
exhausted and my blood sugar is back up waaay higher than it should be.
The plague is still with me, apparently.
Although I'd started this necklace sometime in early or
mid-summer, I just finished it Saturday, hours before the party I wanted to wear it to. It's clear yellowish-green 11 seed beads, a few gold metallic seed beads, 6mm dark green pearls and 4 mm metallic gold pearls.
I'm not totally pleased with the pattern. It's from a magazine, and even though I swear I followed it exactly, there are problems. There is a lot of thread showing in places, but when I tried to tighten things up, the piece gathered and buckled. If I ever try this pattern again, I'll be putting more 11s in certain areas to make it lay flatter and be tighter.
The bracelet that I took for the gift exchange was a big hit- got a commission out of it!