Monday, April 2, 2012

Spent some time making some quick to make bracelets, hoping to come up with things that can be sold cheaply through the one outlet I've found in town. Apparently a LOT of her jewelry sales (as opposed to her expensive art glass) in tourist season is to kids and teens who aren't spending $45 on a bracelet. So far I've come up with these:




















The two on the right are just strung seed beads & rice 'pearls', three strands that are then braided. The downside of these is that the 'pearls' are plastic so they would probably *only* sell to kids, and I'm not sure I want plastic shown on the same display as my more expensive stuff (and I can only have one display board)- and I can't find any inexpensive glass pearls in this shape.

The left two are glass pearls and seed beads in simple RAW. They make a nicely heavy bracelet that is quick to work up.

No comments:

Post a Comment