Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I was actually able to get outside for a bit and do some spring cleanup; pulling weeds, cutting back things that didn't get taken care of last fall, pruning. Miles to go, but the ground is still so wet that I have to stay on the paths and only do what I can reach from there- I don't want to compact the soil in the beds. As it was, I sank down about two inches in one spot just stopping to cut some things- I was only there a couple of minutes! I hate to think what would have happened if I'd been there longer- I'd most likely have gone right down and disappeared.

Some plants are showing little green noses at ground level, and one clematis has fat buds on it. One of the primroses has color showing in its buds. Spring may actually be arriving- although I think it's going to snow again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment