Monday, February 23, 2015

Tim was home yesterday and, after doing the morning alpaca chores, we started doing our seed orders. We meant to only order a few things, and only from one company, but the best laid plans went awry and we ended up with a whole lot of things- mostly vegetables- from two companies (Pine Tree and Johnny's). Then I also did an order of seeds for perennials from Hudson and iris seeds from the Median Iris Society.

While the flowers- mainly perennials- are what excites me the most, I can't seem to look at a vegetable seed catalog with out decided that this is the year I'll gather the energy to take better care of the vegetable garden, that the Oriental greens won't bolt, that I'll make a salad every day in summer and lots of stir fries, that I'll keep everything weeded and use lots of herbs. And keep the slugs from eating things before we can get to them. Those were my worst nemesis last year. I even ordered a book on growing and cooking with Oriental vegetables- used from Amazon. I still want to check out what Angel Grove has this year for tree seeds. Time to get some crab apples & Japanese maples going again.

The whole thing energized me and made me want to do all the things. Sadly, the energy was short lived and the only thing I got done today that was on my list was the seed orders. Got a lot of other things partly done, but that doesn't get them off the list. Tomorrow I'll go to town and that means I won't get much done. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment