Friday, April 2, 2010

First breast cancer benefit block done!

I’ve completed one of the blocks for the breast cancer research raffle:

I keep feeling like it needs more on it, but every time I auditioned something on it, it didn’t look right. I think I ended up with too many ‘dots’- French knots and beads- sprinkled around, and anything more makes it too busy and scattered. And I find, looking at it on the monitor, that using the rainbow colored silk thread on the one seam was a mistake- I should have kept to more subdued colors like most of the rest of it is. Maybe I’ll see if I can tone it down with some fabric markers or the like.

Now, on to the peach colored one. This one might go a litter faster- I’ve caught a virus (and there is a storm coming in) so hopefully I won’t be working outside today. And hopefully I won’t just fall asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment